August 27, 2020
Volunteers have always been an integral part of the Royal Aviation Museum community.
During the Museum’s closure to the public, while the funds were being raised for the new facility, there have been fewer ways for volunteers to engage with the Museum. However, now that construction is underway the volunteer program is gearing up and volunteer job descriptions will be posted here.
Current Volunteer Opportunities:
- Aircraft care & restoration
- Data entry
- Collection research & documentation
Future Volunteer Opportunities:
If you are interested in being added to our Volunteer E-News group you can keep up to date on recruitment for new volunteer positions as they open, such as:
- Greeter: make our visitors feel welcome, help with wayfinding and direct access to visitor amenities
- Tour Guide: receive training on our collections, and provide visitor groups tours through the Museum on a particular theme
- Gift Shop Sales: help with merchandising, pricing and stock
- Library: we have one of the largest aviation reference libraries in the country, with books, magazines, technical manuals & drawings, as well as over 40,000 photographs, films & audiotapes. Join our team to help with scanning, cataloguing, conservation and more.
As we near our opening day in late 2021, we will need volunteers to help in various capacities. People from all walks of life volunteer with us. Whether you are a student, employed, or retired, we have a variety of opportunities that will satisfy your interests and suit your schedule. As long as you have some time to spare, and a real desire to make a difference in our community, then your volunteer contribution will ensure the continued preservation of Canada’s aviation history.
Call 204-786-5503 for more information.